Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Cheerleading: My New OBSESSION

Hello people of the blogosphere!

I'm back today to share my latest obsession (and slight addiction) to CHEERLEADING!

Rainbow Themed Cheer Practice!

After regretting not trying cheerleading in first year, I decided to jump in and try it out during Freshers Week this year - and guess what, I LOVED IT. 

About to pull an arabesque at the Future Cheer Competition (February 2014)
Instagram collage of my day at competition!



I'm currently flying on the All-Girl/All-Girl+2BoysSoActuallyCo-Ed Level 2 Team and I absolutely love it! It's utterly strange because tell someone that you're addicted to standing on people's hands, pulling stretches and being thrown high and they'd think you were mad but the sense of adrenaline this sport gives you is insane!

Practicing braced extended libs at practice!


This along with the gymnastics, dance and fantastic facials makes it so fun and I always leave practice in a good mood and happy- even if I've fallen or didn't perform at my best. Weird but so true.
 
Scorp Before and After
Heel Stretch Before and After

Cheerleading has given me a release from the stress of academic work and given me something to strive for! It's not only challenged me physically and mentally but also helped me become fitter, healthier and much happier! I would definitely recommend it to anyone out there who's interested in the sport!


My team's performance at our first ever cheer competition!
Although it wasn't our best performance by all means, it was so much fun and I can't wait for the next!


I've also gained a crazy obsession with cheer bows (because they're so pretty) and have tried making some myself! They're not quite as... neat and perfect as the ones you buy but they're fun to make and give a great sense of satisfaction when you get to wear them! Strangely the most difficult thing to get hold of is ribbon of the correct thickness, colour and pattern - it's almost impossible in the UK since cheer isn't quite mainstream enough yet!

Purple Grosgrain Bow (Ribbon from eBay)
Neon Pink Grosgrain Bow (Ribbon from BritCheerApparel)

Let me know if you have any questions - I'm always happy to share! :)

Love, Yinyin xxx



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know :)

Don't forget to check out my Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter!

Thank you for every single one of your comments - I really love reading them and appreciate your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...