Monday, 8 July 2013

Dalston House :: Leandro Erlich // Barbican Art

Hi everyone!

So last Thursday I journeyed to Dalston (East London) to see Leandro Erlich's art installation 'Dalston House' with my boyfriend, Matt, and my friend from school, Momo!

All the high quality photos are by Matt. (He's also my usual photographer hehe)


It's a really interesting piece of art where Erlich has built a house on the ground and this is then reflected into a large mirror on scaffolding above it. Visitors can then take photographs of themselves as if they're falling off the house/sitting on the window ledges!

Casually falling off a house / reading a paper!

Carrying two guys while on the ledge of a house - no sweat!

My OOTD // Top,Blazer & Skirt (Topshop), Bag (Zara) and Shoes (Aldo)
I really enjoyed the visit to Dalston House! Although it is a lot smaller than you expect, it's quite fun taking pictures and watching others do theirs - definitely a unique art installation worth taking a look at if you're ever in the area! We did however have to queue for 30 minutes so if you're not up for a relatively long wait for 5 minutes on the artwork then this probably isn't for you! 

For more information click here
Dalston House is open until 4th August 2013 and its free entry!

P.S. There are a couple of photos I took from my instagram in the side bar!


We then went to Leicester Square and had Okonomiyaki at Abeno Too! My friend briefly worked here so we thought we'd pay a visit and try out this Japanese delicacy!

Sauce being applied to my Prawn Okonomiyaki

Okonomiyaki is a dough,egg, cabbage, spring onions (and other ingredients) mix and it's cooked very much like an omelette on the steel cooking plate infront of you. It's surprisingly filling and I absolutely loved the sauces they put on top - Japanese mayonaise (LOVE!), Okonomiyaki sauce, dried tuna flakes and a green powder which I think was seaweed.

Matt's Squid and Noodle Okonomiyaki
It was very tasty and it's really nice having it cooked infront of you however it is quite expensive for what it is! I'd definitely recommend it if you're ever interested in it!

I would post Momo's one but I...well, I defaced it with an artistic sauce image... ;D


Have you done anything interesting and arty recently?

Yinyin xxx

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant pics.....I really need to go!
    Great outfit too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to wrap my head around how the mirror works but I can't. Looks so cool though, especially loving your friend casually reading the paper while falling! A shame I'm not back in London before it closes; I'd definitely check it out!

    Jade | JadeFungBlog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so cool, it reminds me of the movie Inception! :) Loving the outfit and it looks like you had a blast.
    xoxo -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh that looks so cool! Before I read it I was so confused by the pictures haha. You look super cute in your skirt and blazer get up :)

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit you're wearing is absolutely lovely!

    ~Lou~
    Ps: i'm doing a fashion-related survey for my dissertation, 5 mins, much much help ♥ https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2SQNKSV

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mirror pictures are so cool, I definitely need to visit that place in the future.
    kittywittyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Let me know :)

Don't forget to check out my Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter!

Thank you for every single one of your comments - I really love reading them and appreciate your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...