Sunday, 19 May 2013

Make Up Haul //E.L.F. and The Body Shop

So I've been incredibly naughty and purchased more than a few things this week in the beauty side of life!

Firstly, Body Shop had a 40% off promotion with Free Delivery so I decided to restock some of my essentials as well as try a couple of new things. I rarely ever buy anything full price there because they constantly have online deals - if you want to be in know of these too just sign up to their emails; I'm always receiving them!


I bought the Aloe Gentle Exfoliator, Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash and Elderflower Eye Cooling Gel. The exfoliator was not for myself but the other two products are my everyday essentials. They're my favourite products from the Body Shop and frankly, I could not live without them!


Aloe Gentle Exfoliator, Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash and Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel

I then selected two mini body butters to try out. I left my one at home so I've been using a different moisturiser at university.
The mango one is so fresh and sweet and these body butters are very moisturising and leave you smelling wonderful - I'd definitely recommend these to anyone out there. I haven't yet opened the chocolate one so fingers crossed it'll be lovely when I use it! These came in at £3 each with the discount.

Body Shop 50ml Body Butter in Mango and Chocolate

My tip for buying body butters is if possible, wait until post-Christmas sales when they sell these babies for around £5 for a large container which is an absolute bargain. The majority of them smell divine so its usually a great deal for something that's timeless!
Body Shop 50ml Body Butter in Mango
 I then paid E.L.F. a visit as I haven't looked at their products in a while and boy have they improved their website! They have really low priced cosmetics however a lot of them are great especially their eye primer!
First I chose two blushes to try. The Mineral Blush in 'Bliss' was on sale for £2.50 so I couldn't resist and the HD Blush in 'Diva' was £3.75. The HD Blush is a bit of a crazy colour but I hope to make up an opinion on it in due course.
E.L.F. HD Blush in 'Diva' and Mineral Blush in 'Bliss'

E.L.F. Mineral Blush in Bliss
 I also decided I'd try on of E.L.F.'s mascaras as I've never used one and they seem to be receiving sparkling reviews on their website. This one is a lash extending mascara (which is what my thin, downward facing oriental eyelashes really need) and it came at £3.75. I'll do a review on this at some point after I've tried it out properly.



I also picked up another E.L.F. eye primer in 'Pearl' at £1.50 and a Hypershine Lipgloss in Blossom for £1.00.
The eye primers from E.L.F. are absolutely incredible and could match Urban Decay's eye primer's performance. I hope this one matches up to the nude one!


 I am also in desperate need for make up brushes and didn't want to spend way too much on them until I get a summer job. I decided on buying the Bamboo Concealer Brush (£3.00) and Studio Complexion Brush (£3.75). Personally I think these are absolute bargains and I'm loving them already.
The concealer brush has a great sturdiness on it so concealer application is easy and it is incredibly soft. The complexion brush is wonderfully soft and it looks great too! Can't wait to use that with face powders and blushers!

The last item I picked up was the E.L.F. Nail Polish in 'Matte Finisher'. I was definitely excited to try this one out as I think matte nails are quite fascinating and I was very interested in seeing how this product worked!


E.L.F. Matte Finisher Nail Polish applied on my thumb and index finger (None on third,fourth and fifth fingers)

Excited to try all these products out properly and I shall keep this blog updated about my progress!
Yinyin xxx
Follow on Bloglovin

19 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I've always wondered how the aloe Vera exfoliator is like. Would love to see a review and your thoughts on it! =)

    beauteebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I bought it for a friend but I'll ask how he feels about it (or ill just inspect his skin!) Thanks for stopping by! Xx

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I love ELF's products!

    xoxo
    fashionable-addict

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Zoe! Hopefully they'll perform well! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot get enough of body shops mango body butters. I have since tried all their mango range and I love them. I keep going back.

    Followed on bloglovin' and GFC.

    It'd be great if you could check out my blog.

    Beauty Baroness ☮♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! The smell is absolutely divine, might have to go back for more myself! x

      Delete
  5. That's one hell of a haul!

    Not ordered off ELF for an age! I quite like their studio powder brush which I use for foundation, blends it in flawlessly.

    Love that you got hold of some body shop products, they smell UH-MAZING!

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't beat some body shop products! They also do wonders for the skin! :) x

      Delete
  6. This is such a lovely post! I absolutely LOVE the body shop, their body butter and skincare stuff are pretty amazing! And E.L.F is just incredible, although I haven't made a purchase from them in a while (3 months ago).. so after seeing your 'matte finisher nail varnish', I just feel like I have to go on their website straight after this comment!! :D

    Have a wonderful day, <3

    Boonya - theartywardrobe.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh dear sorry I've tempted you to spend money! If you've bought it then I look forward to seeing your opinion on the product! xxx

      Delete
  7. The body shop things look lovely! I always hear such amazing things about them as well, I should definitely get my act together and try some x

    justalittlesouth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, I'd definitely recommend them!

      Delete
  8. I love that body shop body butter! It smells so delicious you can almost eat it, haha :) If you like strawberry, you should check that one out next time! Also smells amazing :)

    xoxo,
    E
    refined couture 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the suggestion, I definitely will when I run out thanks! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I was wondering if it's okay for me to use your Mango Body Butter picture for a school project of mine. I have this project to do a poster for Body Shop. thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can! Good luck with the project! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much :) I'll send you the link when I'm done with the project, cheers!

      Delete

What do you think? Let me know :)

Don't forget to check out my Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter!

Thank you for every single one of your comments - I really love reading them and appreciate your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...