Sunday, 19 May 2013

Eurovision Song Contest 2013

So yesterday was the Eurovision Song Contest which I've been waiting for ALL year! I love Eurovision, I love Graham Norton and most of all, my dreams came true when Eric Saade appeared in the green room for two short bursts. (In the style of Eric: #ILOVEERICSAADE!)

But hotties aside, Sweden delivered an absolutely fantastic show although this year there definitely seemed to be quite a few great songs in the running and no one was an outright winner.
________________________________

My top 3 songs of the evening were (in no particular order):

1) Denmark: Emmelie De Forest - Only Teardrops
She has an incredibly voice and a beautiful song - definitely a deserved winner. Love the flute(?) player guy!




2) The Netherlands: Anouk - Birds
A strange Eurovision entry as it's quite calm and not very trashy Europop however I absolutely love Anouk's voice and it had a beautiful chorus. Definitely stood out to me although it was not really expected to win.




3) Romania: Cezar - It's My Life
Had to throw in a hilarious one; and this is it. His hilarious naked looking dancers who were sorting a 'giant duvet' as Graham Norton said as well as his mid-way gender shift were just hilarious.
Eurovision never fails to make me laugh at least once.
Shame Montenegro didn't get voted in the final - they've been utterly hilarious in the past 2 years.


(Apologies not the final performance as it's not on youtube)


______________________________________

Oh yeah, as I mentioned Eric Saade was in the green room.
I cheered when I saw him out of excitement - genuinely was so happy!

(I'm crazy enough to have his calendar hanging in my university room...)

Here are some celebratory images of his appearance yesterday evening. Please, you see. (That was meant to be a Borat impression...across a digital interface)

Eric Saade at Eurovision 2013 (Sorry for the poor quality, print screened it off BBC iPlayer)
Eric in Eurovision 2011 with his song 'Popular' - cheesy but he's gorgeous so who cares!
HELLO!
My Swedish friends at university tell me he is the equivalent of a Justin Bieber in Sweden - great. 
I LOVE HIM EVEN MORE.

(Jokes, I'm not a belieber.)


__________________________________


Anyway, I do hope you enjoyed the show yesterday!
What were your top 3 songs of the evening?
Should Denmark have won?

Yinyin xxx

Follow on Bloglovin

20 comments:

  1. I watched it too, it was so fun. My favorite was Lithuania, Hungary & Greece.

    Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Lithuania had a lovely song! :)
      Thanks for the follow sweetie!
      x

      Delete
  2. I've never seen the show, but you did a great job posting it! As I felt like I saw it! xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's quite a European thing really! Thanks for your comment :) x

      Delete
  3. Hey there, thanks for the comment on my festival clothing post. This is a great post, and I love what you said about him being the Swedish equivalent of Bieber! Brilliant!
    Great post, sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah it's a little cringey but he's hot! :) x

      Delete
  4. Thankings for sharing your coverage. He does look like Beiber! hehe

    xx http://everything-classy-and-fabulous.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't love a bit of Bieber! :D x

      Delete
  5. Lovely post.Will be eagerly waiting for more.

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    And will love to hear from you. I am a new follower of yours on GFC and Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh so happy someone blogged about this! Wasn't it just the most fun ever? I thought Denmark were good but it would've been fun if someone like Belarus or Romania won because they were just so funny! xoxo

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY Eurovision! Hoping that one day I'll get the chance to see it live!
      Maybe next year someone funny will win!
      Thanks for stopping by! x

      Delete
  7. It's just too bad this isn't in my country! looks very entertaining though. ill have to take a look at those videos once I get home later today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they don't give you a bad impression of European music..especially Romania! x

      Delete
  8. Oh my god, so glad I found a fellow Eurovision lover! I literally would love to see it live one year... fingers crossed! Love your blog xxx

    Student Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Eurovision buds!
      Yes definitely, I had a peek at tickets and it costs around 250 Euros! D:
      Thanks for stopping by! x

      Delete
  9. I really love emmelie's song! andd yeah eric is too gorgeous ><
    anyway, im currently having a giveaway on my blog,hope you can participate!

    Join OASAP GIVEAWAY on my blog and win one of gorgeous summer clothings!
    http://bella-moreway.blogspot.com/2013/05/oasap-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's got a lovely voice! :) Thanks for stopping by! x

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for your comment!! If you liked the preview, don't miss the whole outfit now at my blog! :)

    ♥ ★ ♥ GINGER COLLAGE ♥ ★ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, you should be happy cause one of your favorite songs won.
    Best Regards
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Let me know :)

Don't forget to check out my Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter!

Thank you for every single one of your comments - I really love reading them and appreciate your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...